Tuesday, July 07, 2009

From the pages of Real Simple

Last night, Melinda and I made our version of this recipe, 20-Minute Shrimp with Carrot Slaw. M made the shrimp as described, but with added garlic. I cut the carrots into discs instead of chopping them julienne and, since I had no cayenne in the house (!), I added a touch of pepper and extra lime for a kick.

Overall, the meal was okay. It was a easy-to-make dish for sure, and we didn't spend more than 20 mins making it. I have a lot of leftover sour cream now, so I have to figure out what to do with it. I'm not sure I'll make carrot salad again, but I certainly don't regret trying it.

2 comments:

modern prints said...

Oh wow that looks delicious, especially if it only took 20 minutes!

art on canvas said...

That does look great, if I had known I would have had some for lunch!